Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lesson Learned or not?

At work yesterday, we learned that one of my co-workers had passed away - the result of a car accident. This caused me to reflect on the past 4 months. Our family lost some very valuable people. First my dear mother-in-law lost her short battle with cancer. Then my brother Mark which as near as we can tell was the result of alcohol poisoning. We still have not received confirmation from the authorities nearly 2 months after the fact. In January, a dear dear friend and former neighbor, Jim lost his battle with cancer.

I miss them all. They all had a tremendous influence on me and none of them will ever be forgotten.

None of us ever know when it will be our turn. I can not imagine having my girls grow up with out me or me them.

It makes me want to be a better dad, husband, friend and employee. This alone does not mean I won't have my moments - we are human, we all have our moments.

I want to take advantage of the time I have left with my family and friends. I am going to start being very selfish in terms of the time I spend with my loved ones. I just hope I can get through this.

No comments:

Counter